Neighbors Grove Wesleyan Church or simply "The Grove" Our congregation began in 1879 as a “brush arbor” meeting at a site about ½ mile from our current location. J.A. Neighbors donated a one acre tract of land a few years later. This small property was the beginning of our current campus which includes 4 buildings, parking lots, playgrounds, and a cemetery. Our name, Neighbors Grove, was chosen in honor of the original land donor and in recognition of the grove of trees which was originally on the site. For over 130 years our church has served the North Asheboro community, throughout Randolph County, and around the world.